Letter to Parents
Kids Speak For America is a safe, 100% monitored blogging site for kids. The idea for this site was that of 5th and 6th grade students.
What does 100% monitored and safe mean?
On Kids Speak for America boys and girls do NOT post personally identifiable information including pictures of their faces, email addresses, last names, home addresses and phone numbers. At Kids Speak For America adults to read every word and review every picture before posting. Content that contains personally identifiable information or inappropriate messages (including bullying) is NOT posted.
When your child registered, we did NOT ask for their email address(s), last name, home address, phone number(s) or any contact information. We only asked for their first name, birthdate, city, state, zip code, Kids Speak For America nickname and password… and YOUR email address because we want you to know:
- Your child is blogging on KidsSpeakForAmerica.com
- Your child’s login information (see below)
- How to opt out (see below)
- Kids Speak for America will share aggregated statistical data with our sponsors and the general public. The extracts will preserve the anonymity and privacy of each child. For example, we may announce in a press release that the favorite school subject at 82% of the kids at Kids Speak for America is social studies.
What do children do on Kids Speak For America?
- Share their thoughts on the government an politics of their community state or country.
- Discuss real issues and suggest their own ideas as to solving problems
- Express and share their opinions, ideas, concerns, hopes and dreams
- Find links to sources that will help them with their school work.
- Talk about sports, music, video games and other subjects that interest them.
- Be Creative and ignite ideas
- Have Fun!