Let us never forget September 11, 2001. On this day 2,996 people lost their life thru four coordinated terrorist attacks by al-Qaeda, an Islamic terrorist group. With each 9-11 let us never forget those barbaric attacks. September 14 is Patriot Day and the National Day of Prayer and Remembrance. Not only on September 11 but again on September 14 we should reflect upon and remember. 9-11 let us not forget the victims of those September 11, 2001 attacks. Let us not forget the more than 400 first responders that lost their life. Like many of you, I am to young to remember seeing the event as I had just turned two. As kids though it is imortant that we learn about an event that has made such a change to our country since that time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJGB5XEUkA
A Few Fact About 9-11
- On 9-11-01, Nineteen Islamic militants with al-Quada hijacked 4 airliners.
- Two of the hijacked planes were flown into the World Trade Center towers in New York City. The first plane hit the north tower at 8:45 a.m. Eighteen minutes later the second plane hit the south tower.
- One of the hijacked planes was flown into the west side of the Pentagon near Washington, D.C. at 9:45 a.m.
- The fourth plane crashed in a Pennsylvania field at 10:10 a.m., with passengers taking down the hijackers to prevent them from hitting their intended target which is not known to this date.
- Over 3,000 people were killed during the 9-11 attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C.
- More than 400 firefighters and police officers serving as first responders also died.
- America was under attack and at 9 p.m, President George W. Bush delivered a televised address from the Oval Office, declaring, “Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.” President Bush declared, “We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.”
We are the youth and adults of the United States of America and we are free. In our own way let each of us honor the 9-11 victims and those that lost their life in the days that followed. Let us also honor those that sacrifice of themselves to protect our freedom!